The students in the Environmental Stewardship class are looking at making a few more environmental improvements at ISB. Some of these changes also include healthier food choices and less animal cruelty. However, each change will come at a cost. Relax, we will not force any of this upon you. First, we will educate about the benefits of each and let you take a survey. If more than 50% of the people are against it, it will be dropped. If 50% or more are for it we will take it to another level, but nothing will be rushed.
Some of the changes we are looking at are:
- switch to free ranged, organic eggs (not raised in cages)
- switch to organic rice
- switch to unbleached, recycled napkins
- Meet your Meat (warning - this is not easy to watch. Plus they are asking everyone to be vegetarian; which is not our goal. Nevertheless, it shows the animal cruelty taking place on many factory farms. If you are sensitive I would recommend looking at the videos below instead).
- Store wars - amusing 'Star Wars' animation about organic food.
- The Meatrix - amusing 'Matrix' animation about animal cruelty. You can also see Meatrix 2 and 2.5